However, my first night working on it ended like this...
I was at my limit and resorted to wine! And called it a night!
Prior to that, I had cut 2x2s into four 24" pieces and four 6-3/16" pieces. I arranged them into rectangles with the smaller pieces in the inside like is:
Lesson: Buy good screws! Don't scrimp!
These screws were perfect as they were self counter-sinking screws - hiding the screw from view.
Again, we did a mid-plan alteration and raised the bottom connectors up 2" like this.
Let's finish this table!
As I'm looking at the table all I keep seeing are all the different variations you can do...You can raise the bottom connectors, add a lower shelf, do more of an overhang with the too, make it longer...so many things!
And let's not get started on paint options! You can stain, paint, distress, use milk paint, chalk paint...Like I said, so many options.
Once I sanded everything down, I decided to stain the top Rust Oleum Kona. I painted the legs a neutral cream color. I used a distressing technique that I saw from the Shanty-2-Chic ladies using Vaseline.
Table done! And I love it! Now to keep the little ones from playing around with it!